East Central Minnesota lies between the state’s two largest metropolitan areas, the Twin Cities and Duluth-Superior, Wis. Yet it is quite rural. Despite being rural, there is a growing LGBT community here. The following cities and counties are located in the region:
- Chisago County, Center City, Chisago City, Harris, Lindström, North Branch, Rush City, Shafer, Stacy, Taylors Falls and Wyoming
- Isanti County, Braham, Cambridge and Isanti
- Kanabec County, Grasston, Mora, Ogilvie and Quamba
- Mille Lacs County, Bock, Forreston, Isle, Milaca, Onamia, Pease, Princeton and Wahkon
- Pine County, Askov, Brook Park, Bruno, Denham, Finlayson, Henriette, Hinckley, Kerrick, Pine City, Rock Creek, Rutledge, Sandstone, Sturgeon Lake and Willow River
East Central Minnesota Pride attracts attendees from these places and beyond. Many folks from northwestern Wisconsin (places like Danbury, Frederic, Grantsburg, Luck, Siren and Webster) attend this pride too! Everyone is welcome.