Happy Pride Season from East Central Minnesota Pride!
Ceremonial Rainbow Ribbon Cutting at Pride in Pine City kicks off the Summer of Pride
The Minnesota summer of Pride started — officially — Sunday, June 2 at East Central Minnesota Pride, Minnesota’s Small-Town LGBTQ+ Pride! We hope to see all of your beautiful faces at the remainder of the Prides across Minnesota:
- June 2-9: Borderland Pride Since: 2017 Other names: I-Falls Pride, International Falls-Fort Francis Pride Part of MN Served: Koochiching County (MN) Other Area Served: Rainy River District in Northwestern Ontario, Canada
- June 22-23: Twin Cities Pride Since: 1972 as a parade, 1973 as a pride Part of MN Served: Hennepin, Chisago, Isanti, Mille Lacs, Ramsey, Dakota, Anoka, Washington, Scott, Wright, Carver, Sherburne, Le Sueur and Sibley Counties Other Areas Served: St. Croix and Pierce Counties (Wis.)
- Aug. 8-11: F-M Pride Since: 2001 Other names: Fargo Pride, Fargo-Moorhead Pride Part of MN Served: Clay County Other Area Served: Cass County (ND)
- Aug. 23-25: Grand Cities Pride Since: 2017 Other names: Grand Forks Pride Part of MN Served: Polk County Other Area Served: Grand Forks County (ND)
- Aug. 29-Sept. 2: Duluth-Superior Pride Since: 1986 Other names: D-S Pride Part of MN Served: St. Louis and Carlton Counties Other Area Served: Douglas County (Wis.)
- Sept. 6-7: South Central Minnesota Pride Since: 2002 Other names: Mankato Pridefest Part of MN Served: Blue Earth and Nicollet Counties
- Sept. 7: 7 Rivers Pride Since: 2004 Other names: La Crosse Pride, La Crosse-Winona Pride, Pride in the Park Part of MN Served: Houston and Winona Counties Other Area Served: La Crosse County (Wis.)
- Sept. 20-22: St. Cloud Pride Since: 2010 Part of MN Served: Benton and Stearns Counties
2020 Pride Planning Underway – Your help is welcomed.
If you’d like to be involved in planning the 2020 East Central Minnesota Pride, please contact a Board Member below to let us know. Planning is underway. This is our 16th Annual Pride in the region; it’s sure to be our biggest and best celebration yet. We wholeheartedly welcome your involvement!
The Planning Committee strives to have wider representation on the board, with more intersectionality, especially among: Two-Spirited and Indigenous Peoples, Residents of Mille Lacs County, Transgendered Persons, Women and other people of diverse backgrounds.
Are you an area business who wants to show support? Here’s a way.
Area businesses that would like to show their support can contact a member of the Pride Committee or an area Chamber of Commerce for an “All Are Welcome Here” sticker or rainbow flag to display on their storefronts.
- Phil Schroeder, Chair, of Mora, 320-310-5202
- Julie Redpath, Secretary, of Chisago City, 612-817-9541
- Gary Skarsten, Treasurer, of Braham, 320-396-3726
- North Branch Area Chamber of Commerce, 651-674-4077
- Pine City Area Chamber of Commerce, 320-322-4040
Are you a vendor? Would you like to have a presence at Pride?
East Central Minnesota Pride is calling vendors to register for space at the 16th Annual Pride, Saturday, June 6, 2020, from Noon to 5 p.m. Be in front of hundreds of people from across Pine, Isanti, Chisago, Kanabec and Mille Lacs counties, and beyond. Show your support of the local LGBTQ+ community. Contact Julie Redpath by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about being a vendor.
LAVENDER COMMUNITY AWARD RECEIVED BY LOCAL
Julie Redpath, of Chisago City (and formerly of Rock Creek) was recognized by Lavender Magazine for her involvement as Chair for East Central Minnesota Pride, and as founder of the East Central Purple Circle.
Though Pride in Pine City existed since 2005, it didn’t become an official nonprofit until 2010, about the time Julie became a regular fixture on the committee. She and her partner, Rebecca Hostetler, support the community in a number of ways including serving as election judges, supporting the diversity groups within Pine Technical and Community College and Anoka Ramsey Community College (Cambridge), and celebrating with LGBT clergy when they are called to serve churches in East Central Minnesota.